Bloomberg Tradebook’s fourth annual Charity Day took place on November 4, and this year it was bigger and more global than ever.
Celebrity ambassadors joined Bloomberg employees on the trading desk in New York, London, and Hong Kong to take client calls as they raised money for the 20 charities involved across the world.
“Bloomberg Tradebook continues to grow the number of charities involved in Charity Day, as well as the ways in which Bloomberg employees across the globe can take part,” said Glenn Lesko, President and CEO of Bloomberg Tradebook. “Charity Day not only gives Tradebook the opportunity to give back but it also inspires employees, our clients and others to do more to help their local communities through volunteerism and charitable donations.”
Michael R. Bloomberg and Mr. Lesko were joined in New York by:
· Answer the Call, New York Police & Fire Widows' & Children's Benefit Fund – Former New York Ranger and Hall of Famer, Mark Messier
· Child Mind Institute – Celebrity Therapist Dr. Ruth Westheimer
· City in the Community Foundation – New York City FC Team Captain David Villa and New York City FC Team Captain and Former US National Team Player Claudio Reyna
· Endometriosis Foundation of America – Top Chef Host Padma Lakshmi
· Harlem RBI – New York Yankee Mark Teixeira
· Henrik Lundqvist Foundation – New York Ranger Henrik Lundqvist
· JDRF – ESPN Reporter and Analyst Adam Schefter
· Joyful Heart Foundation – Star of HBO series Girls Jemima Kirke
· Only Make Believe – Star of Public Morals and 30 Rock Katrina Bowden
At its London office, Bloomberg Tradebook welcomed the following charities and their ambassadors:
· Prostate Cancer UK – Sports Presenter Hayley McQueen and Premier League Football Manager Harry Redknapp
· Maggie’s – Downton Abbey Stars Jim Carter and Laura Carmichael
· Young Vic Theatre – Award Winning Actress Gillian Anderson, The X Files / A Streetcar Named Desire
· The Prince’s Trust – Former Girls Aloud Singer Sarah Harding
· Wac Arts – Tony Award Winning Actor and Game of Thrones Star Owen Teale
Supporting Charity Day in Hong Kong were:
· The Nature Conservancy (TNC) – Actor Michael Wong, Musician, Model & Actress Rosemary Vandenbroucke, and Model & Actress Jocelyn Luko-Sandstrom
· Room to Read – Actress, Singer/Songwriter, Model & Martial Artist, Celina Jade and Comedian, Vivek Mahbubani
Bloomberg Tradebook’s 2015 global Charity Day generated $1.25 Million in gross commissions, the net of which will be donated to the 20 participating charities. Bloomberg Trading Solutions will also contribute an additional $100K to the total amount raised.