Stars have been showing their support for victims of Hurricane Harvey this week.
- Leonardo DiCaprio has pledged $1 million dollars through the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation to the United Way Harvey Recovery Fund. “We are incredibly grateful for the generosity of Leonardo DiCaprio and his foundation,” United Way Worldwide president and CEO Brian Gallagher said in a statement. “Responding to Hurricane Harvey requires the best of all of us — and that’s what this gift represents.”
- Sandra Bullock has pledged $1 million to relief efforts.
- Miley Cyrus is accepting donations through her Happy Hippy Foundation, and donated $500,000 herself.
- Kim Kardashian and family have donated $500,000 to the Red Cross.
- Kevin Hart donated $50,000 and started a celebrity challenge that has so far raised over $1 million.
- Rita Ora volunteered at a shelter for evacuees in Houston.
- Solange has organised a series of shows to raise money for relief efforts.