goop, the modern lifestyle brand founded by Gwyneth Paltrow, is bringing its highly anticipated wellness summit, In goop Health, to New York City for the first time on Saturday, January 27, 2018.
Tickets are available starting today for the day-long symposium on goop.com.
The east coast installment of In goop Health follows the brand’s inaugural sold-out summit in June 2017 in Los Angeles. In the last ten years, goop has emerged as the definitive voice in the wellness space. The January summit will continue that trend by illuminating new philosophies, hosting thought-provoking discussions and showcasing bespoke activations that speak to our emotional and physical health.
The first panel of the day, moderated by producer, director and actress in the Emmy Award-winning Netflix series Black Mirror, Bryce Dallas Howard, will address “the hard problem of consciousness.” An evolution of goop’s special issue “The Other Side,” Howard will help explore the issue with help from leading experts in the field. Other panels throughout the day will address topics such as hormones and diet, love and relationships and mental health. Closing out the day-long symposium will be a panel of dynamic women in the entertainment and media industry, who will discuss reinventing the female archetype and the evolving interpretation of femininity. Moderated by goop founder and CEO Gwyneth Paltrow, panelists include Drew Barrymore, Chelsea Handler, Gone Girl author Gillian Flynn, Laura Linney, Meg Ryan, and Teen Vogue Editor-In-Chief Elaine Welteroth.
The summit will also feature:
· A full day of issue-focused panels with leading doctors, scientists, entrepreneurs and boundary-pushing celebrities. In addition to Paltrow, Barrymore, Handler, Howard, Flynn, Linney, Ryan, and Welteroth, confirmed speakers include consciousness expert Dr. Eben Alexander, and hormone specialist Dr. Sara Gottfried with additional speakers to be announced.
· Wellness experiences including ayurvedic treatments from Surya Spa, magnetic acupressure by Nuurvana, B12 and glow shots by The Hydration Room, a sound meditation bar provided by Binaural Beats, chair massages provided by Chillhouse , facial fitness by Facelove, an Uma Oil essence bar, Tarot Card readings by goop’s own “shiso intuitive”, Maria Papapetros, Hypnosis by Morgan Yakus, and more.
· Health-driven options from top vendors and chefs in the New York area, such as Ancolie, Avocaderia, Brodo, Chaitlait, Clover Grocery, De Maria, Imperfect Produce, Milk Bar, Moon Juice, Morgenstern’s, The Good Sort and more.
· goop collaborations including a custom goop x Cote nail color, and a goop x Morgenstern exclusive vegan charcoal flavor ice cream. After launching at the summit, the goop x Morgenstern’s exclusive flavor will be available at Morgenstern’s SoHo location for one week following the event.
· Sessions with top fitness and wellness experts including Eddie Stern, Heather Anderson and Erin Telford.
· Custom beauty stations including non-toxic manicures by Cote and skin consultations presented by Heyday.
· An In goop Health retail hall, featuring a curated selection of goop merchandise, including a wellness pharmacy, athleisure shop and clean beauty apothecary.
Additional details about In goop Health will be released over the coming weeks. For more information, please visit goop.com/ingoophealth or follow @goop and #ingoophealth on social.