Idol Gives Back has launched an online auction in which American Idol fans will be able to bid on a unique selection of donated items and once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Net proceeds will benefit the Idol Gives Back Foundation, and the auction will run from Wednesday, April 7 to 11:59 PM PT on Tuesday, April 20.
Idol Gives Back, airing Wednesday, April 21 (8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) on FOX, will raise awareness and funds to benefit charities, including the Children's Health Fund, Feeding America, Malaria No More, Save the Children's U.S. Programs and the United Nations Foundation. Viewers can help support Idol Gives Back and its beneficiaries by bidding on the auction items before the show airs.
Items featured in the online auction include:
- AMERICAN IDOL Top 10 Season Pass – This package gives the bearer two seats to every performance and results show next season from the Top 10 through the star-studded finale.
- AMERICAN IDOL Finale Tickets and Meet & Greet With Simon Cowell.
- AMERICAN IDOL-Themed Samsung Strive Mobile Phone – One-of-a-kind limited edition AMERICAN IDOL-themed Samsung Strive with one year of free service.
- Kara DioGuardi & Randy Jackson Private Vocal Lesson – In-studio vocal lesson and professional expertise provided by AMERICAN IDOL judges Randy Jackson and Kara DioGuardi.
- A Pair of Autographed Sneakers & “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” VIP Package – A pair of sneakers autographed by Ellen DeGeneres, four premium seats to a taping of “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” and a VIP tour of the “Ellen” set.
- Electrolux Premium Kitchen and Laundry Appliances – This package entitles the bearer to choose up to $13,000 worth of premium kitchen and laundry appliances. Delivery, installation and removal/disposal of old appliances also included.
- Autographed T-Shirt from Simon Cowell’s Wardrobe – An autographed Simon Cowell t-shirt from the judge’s wardrobe.
- Autographed Authentic Coca-Cola Judges Cup – As seen on AMERICAN IDOL, Coca-Cola Judges cup autographed by Simon, Ellen, Randy, Kara and Ryan Seacrest (one cup per winner, four total winners).
Additional auction items to be announced soon. Go to www.idolgivesback.org for full details and restrictions.
The brainchild of Simon Fuller, Idol Gives Back has made history by raising over $140 million for charity to date.