The 2010 Celebrity & Stuntwomen’s Awards Luncheon, hosted by the Diamond in the RAW Foundation, a 501c3 organization, will take place on October 17.
The foundation honors and recognizes exceptional women who have achieved success and outstanding achievements in stunts, athletics and extreme sports.
This year’s 2010 honorees include:
- Nancy Lieberman | 2010 Dare 2bDifferent Award – Basketball Hall of Famer, WNBA head coach and general manager, and first-ever NBA female coach, and acclaimed ESPN sports analyst
- Ming Qiu | 2010 Diamond In the RAW Award – stuntwoman whose credits include “Transformers,” “Ocean’s Thirteen,” “Mission Impossible,” “Dragonball,” “Street Fighter,” as well as other blockbuster films.
- Julie Ann Johnson | 2010 Helen Gibson Legendary Award – veteran stuntwoman and stunt coordinator whose credits include “Star Trek,” “Charlie’s Angels,” “Crank,” and “Spiderman II.”
- Circle of Charities | 2010 Community Service Award –Maiko Maya the founder of Circle of Charities whose contributions have been a major force with the development and growth of the Diamond in the RAW Foundation
- April Stirton | 2010 Gone But Not Forgotten Award (given posthumously) – a rising star in the stunt community whose credits included “See How They Run,” “Circle of Eight,” “True Blood” and “CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.”
Pam Grier and Lindsay Wagner will also receive top honors.
The 2010 Celebrity & Stuntwomen’s Awards Luncheon, hosted by the Diamond in the RAW Foundation, honors and recognizes exceptional women who have achieved success and outstanding achievements in stunts, athletics and extreme sports. In addition to the awards listed above, other awards in various categories, including Stuntwoman of the Year, Jewel, Dynamic Duo, Gem and Mentorship awards will be presented at the awards luncheon, based on nominations and voting by members of the Screen Actors Guild (SAG) stunt community.
This year’s co-chairs for the event is Emmy- and Golden Globe-nominee Lee Meriwether and Oscar winner Vic Armstrong, a second unit director and stunt coordinator.
The awards luncheon benefits the Diamond in the RAW Foundation, a Los Angeles-based 501 c3 non-profit organization, that’s devoted to empowering and transforming the lives of at-risk teenage girls between the ages of 12-18 girls through the entertainment industry — both in front of and behind the camera — such as careers in directing, stunts, make-up, wardrobe, productions assistant etc. The foundation also bestows scholarships annually, to be presented to a deserving youth during the awards luncheon.
The event will take place at Skirball Cultural Center | 2701 N. Sepulveda Blvd | Los Angeles, California 90049. Tickets are $125. For more info, click here.