Celebrities spanning the worlds of politics, sports and entertainment have joined together for The Robert F. Kennedy Center's annual Ripple of Hope Holiday Auction.
Icons including Madeleine Albright and George Clooney have donated exclusive experiences and VIP access to raise funds for the organization’s integral human rights work. Bidding is currently live and runs through December 15th at leading charity auction site charitybuzz.com at www.charitybuzz.com/RFKHoliday2011.
Michael Moore, Martin Sheen, Mark Hamill and many more celebrities have donated exclusive experiences to raise funds for the 42-year-old organization dedicated to providing an ongoing base of support to human rights defenders around the world. Additional notable participants include: Jenna Fischer, George Clooney, Rosie Perez, Debra Messing, Bill Maher, Michael Lombardi, John Starks, Ray Romano, James Earl Jones, Chris Matthews, Marc Summers, Florence Henderson, Kate Mulgrew, Jay Leno, Joe Scarborough, Steve Case, Robert Wolf, Austan Goolsbee, Paul Volcker, Mort Zuckerman and Dr. Madeleine Albright, with more A-listers joining the auction each day.
“Through our annual auction, human rights advocates and pop culture fans around the world have a unique chance to bid on incredible gifts that give back with some of the world’s most notable figures,” said Kerry Kennedy, President of the RFK Center. “Bidders support the RFK Center’s work aiding courageous human rights defenders around the world, including Frank Mugishha in Uganda, Abel Barrera Hernández in Mexico, Magodonga Mahlangu in Zimbabwe, and many more. Additionally, funds raised will help expand the Center’s Speak Truth to Power program, a multi-faceted global initiative that uses the experiences of courageous defenders from around the world to educate students and others about human rights, and urge them to take action.”
Auction highlights include:
- Enjoy Lunch with Michael Moore, Plus Take Home a Signed Copy of His Latest Book, Here Comes Trouble
- Lunch in Washington, D.C. with Steve Case, Chairman and CEO of Revolution, Co-Founder of America Online and Member of President Obama’s Jobs Council
- Learn from Celebrity Chef Marcus Samuelsson with a Private Children’s Cooking Class at Red Rooster in Harlem
- Attend the Ultimate Financial Lunch with Robert Wolf, Austan Goolsbee, Paul Volcker and Mort Zuckerman
- Meet Former Secretary of State, Dr. Madeleine Albright After a Class at Georgetown University
- Meet Jenna Fischer on the Set of The Office and Watch an Episode Being Filmed
- Join Activist and Actor Martin Sheen at an Exclusive Lunch
- Be a Smash Hit with Your Own Walk-On Role on the New NBC Show, Smash, Starring Debra Messing
- Meet Bill Maher at a Taping of Real Time with Bill Maher
- Have Lunch with Michael Lombardi on the Set of Inside the NFL and Meet the His Fellow Anchors
- Enjoy Lunch with Mark Hamill, a.k.a. Luke Skywalker, in Los Angeles
- Join Sam Waterston for Dinner at Candle 79 Restaurant in NYC
- Enjoy Lunch with the Star of Star Trek: Voyager, Kate Mulgrew, aka Captain Janeway, in NYC
- Stay Warm with George Clooney’s Signed Jacket Worn in Michael Clayton
- Meet James Earl Jones Backstage After a Performance in The Best Man on Broadway
- Enjoy a Walk-On Role on USA’s Hit New Show, Suits Taped in Toronto or Manhattan
- Meet Bill Maher at a Taping of Real Time with Bill Maher in Los Angeles
- Play Golf with Knicks Legend John Starks at Fairview Country Club in Greenwich, CT
- Meet Chris Matthews on the Set of Hardball in Washington, D.C.
- Make Your Debut with a Walk-On Role on Investigation Discovery’s Hit Show, I (Almost) Got Away With It
- NBC Correspondent Luke Russert will lead You on a Tour of the Capitol Building in Washington D.C
- Better Than a Cup of Joe, Visit the Set of MSNBC’s Morning Joe with Joe Scarborough, Mika and Willie Geist
- Nine signed, limited edition archival photographs of Robert F. Kennedy and the Kennedy family taken by Harry Benson
- One signed, limited edition archival photograph of Al Gore taken by Harry Benson
- and many more!
“Charitybuzz is proud to be the official charity auction partner for the RFK Center’s annual Holiday Auction for the 5th year in a row, working hand in hand with the organization to raise funds for their incredible work aiding human rights defenders,” said Coppy Holzman, CEO and co-founder of charitybuzz. “This holiday season, we encourage our socially conscious community to make a bid to give.”
This is the fifth annual holiday auction in partnership with charitybuzz for the RFK Center. The organization’s 2010 charitybuzz holiday auction raised a record amount for vital human rights work. Support the RFK Center now by clicking here, and bid to give.