By Tim Saunders on
It wasn’t just about the bling when a major jeweler hosted a star-studded event to launch a line of exquisite bracelets to benefit a worthwhile charity last night.
Stars such as Nicole Richie, Joel Madden, Eva Mendes, Fergie, Hilary Duff, and Janet Jackson attended the official launch of the Love Charity Bracelet in Los Angeles, and pledged their support of the initiative.
This year’s bracelets are made of silk cord with different colors corresponding to a selected charity, and feature two links – one white and one rose gold. They retail for $995, with $200 of that price going towards one of the charities selected by each celebrity. The list of celebrities, colors, and charities include:
- Janet Jackson – grey; the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance.
- Fergie – orange; The Black Eyed Peas Foundation.
- Good Charlotte – deep green; the Richie Madden Children's Foundation.
- Hilary Duff – purple; Blessings in a Backpack, a program run by USA Harvest.
- Ashanti – royal blue; Boys' and Girls' Clubs of America.
This is the third year the campaign has been run, and it has so far raised over $2.24 million for sixteen different charities.
“Cartier is about selling joy and emotion,” said Frédéric de Narp, president and chief executive officer of Cartier North America. “You can’t pretend to sell emotion if you don’t care for people.”
To view the bracelet and find out where to buy one, visit the Cartier website.
Copyright © 2008 Look to the Stars