Charlize Theron and Sienna Miller have been added to the lineup of speakers for the 2015 Social Good Summit.
The pair join the previously announced list of speakers that includes:
• Kathy Calvin, President and Chief Executive Officer of the United Nations Foundation
• Pete Cashmore, Founder and CEO of Mashable
• Helen Clark, Administrator of the United Nations Development Programme
• Richard Curtis, Director, Writer, Producer and Founder of Project Everyone
• Adrian Grenier, Actor, Entrepreneur, Dell Social Good Advocate
• Vivienne Harr, Philanthropist, Activist and Chief Inspiration Officer at STAND
• Amina J. Mohammed, United Nations Secretary-General’s Special Adviser on post-2015 Development Planning
• Trisa Thompson, Chief Responsibility Officer at Dell
• Henry Timms, Executive Director of the 92Y
Each September, world leaders come together at the United Nations General Assembly to discuss global issues and ways in which to tackle them. Recognizing that the voices and ideas of concerned global citizens connected by social media and technology can be powerful forces for change, Mashable, 92nd Street Y, the United Nations Foundation and the United Nations Development Programme partner to host the Social Good Summit to expand the UN conversations to include innovators, activists and entrepreneurs around the world.
The Summit will coincide with this year’s historic UN Week where world leaders will adopt the post-2015 development agenda including the sustainable development goals – a new set of global goals to end poverty in all its forms, fight inequalities and tackle climate change by 2030. The theme of the sixth Social Good Summit – #2030NOW: New Goals. New Tech. New Power – will challenge speakers, participants and a growing worldwide community to explore how technology and new media can be leveraged to address these issues, benefiting people everywhere and helping build a better future for the people and the planet. This effort will also be replicated in similar events across the world as the new agenda and global goals are promoted and used to inspire action for people and planet.
The Social Good Summit will take place September 27 and 28 in New York. Find out more here.