Naomi Campbell, Dinho Diniz, Felipe Diniz, Marc Jacobs, Isabeli Fontana, Ricky Martin, Ivete Sangalo, Sabrina Sato, and Riccardo Tisci were among those who gathered at the sixth annual amfAR Inspiration Gala São Paulo to honor Kate Moss, Dean Caten, Dan Caten, and Carlos Jereissati Filho for their commitment to the fight against AIDS.
The event, presented by Harry Winston, raised over $1.6 million for amfAR’s life-saving AIDS research programs.
Other guests in attendance included Mert Alas, Carla Amorim, Rômulo Arantes Neto, Bruno Astuto, Fabio Bartelt, Pedro Bial, Giovanni Bianco, Johanna and Alexandre Birman, Helena Bordon, Daniela Fãlcao, Rodrigo Viel Faro, Vera Viel Faro, Di Ferrero, Isabella Fiorentino, Marília Gabriela, Luciana Gimenez, Hugo Gloss, Mariana Goldfarb, Lucas Jagger, Seu Jorge, Bruna Linzmeyer, Renata Kuerten, Fernanda Paes Leme, Grazi Massafera, Donata Meirelles, Ana Cláudia Michels, Marina Morena, Fernanda Motta, Laura Neiva, Carolina Parsons, Beto Pacheco, Marcus Piggott, Cleo Pires, Maria Prata, Cauã Reymond, Carol Ribeiro, Ronaldo, Andressa Salomone, Deborah Secco, Lea T, Marlon Teixeira, Carol Trentini, Didi Wagner, and Anitta, among others.
Event Hosts Felipe Diniz and Naomi Campbell welcomed guests and thanked the night’s sponsors before introducing amfAR CEO Kevin Robert Frost, who spoke about amfAR’s Countdown to a Cure for AIDS initiative and the establishment of the amfAR Institute for HIV Cure Research at the University of California, San Francisco.
The amfAR Award of Inspiration was presented to three extraordinary individuals for their support of the organization. Felipe Diniz returned to the stage to present the first award to Carlos Jereissati Filho, President and CEO of Iguatemi São Paulo, who spoke about the “responsibility as a company to dedicate resources to support the incredible work of amfAR.” Isabeli Fontana presented the next award to Dean Caten and Dan Caten of DSQUARED2, who stated that their “biggest dream yet is to see an end to this disease.” Marc Jacobs presented the final award of the evening to Kate Moss, who spoke about amfAR’s passion for finding a cure.
The evening also featured two spectacular live performances. Multi-Grammy Award-winning artist Ricky Martin brought the crowd to their feet with a set of his biggest hits, including “La Bomba,” “Pégate,” and “The Cup of Life.” Martin also invited Latin Grammy Award-winning Brazilian artist Ivete Sangalo to the stage for an incredible duet of “Livin’ La Vida Loca.” Sangalo then performed a lively set to start the after party that kept the room dancing late into the night.
Guests enjoyed bidding on an array of exclusive items and experiences during the live auction, conducted by Simon de Pury with assistance from Ivete Sangalo and Sabrina Sato. Highlights included:
• A kiss with Ricky Martin, a surprise experience in the auction, sold for $90,000. The kiss with the lucky winner, which took place shortly after bidding, brought the crowd to a frenzy.
• A once-in-a-lifetime photo shoot by fashion photographers Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott with amfAR Award of Inspiration honoree Kate Moss, which took place at the event and will appear as a full page spread in Vogue Brasil, sold twice for a total of $220,000.
• A signed Mr. Brainwash artwork titled “Kate and Dave,” featuring Kate Moss and David Bowie, sold for $50,000.
• A unique piece by Os Gêmeos, Brazilian brothers Otavio and Gustavo Pandolfo who have become a major force in the urban art world, sold for $100,000.
• Two tickets to the Givenchy runway show in Paris during the 2016-2017 season, as well as a ready-to-wear Givenchy outfit with private shopping experience and Givenchy bag, which sold for $55,000.
• The ultimate Grammy Awards package, including two tickets to the 2017 Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, two invitations to the official Grammy Awards after party, a two-night stay in a suite at the Chateau Marmont on Sunset Boulevard, and a signed Mick Jagger Ibanez Gio guitar presented on stage by his son Lucas Jagger, sold for $60,000.
Naomi Campbell, Dinho Diniz, Felipe Diniz, and Riccardo Tisci served as Event Hosts. Chairs of the event included Achille Boroli, amfAR Chairman of the Board Kenneth Cole, Fran Cutler, Sergio Degese, Isabeli Fontana, amfAR Global Fundraising Chairman Milutin Gatsby, Nayla Hayek, Marc Jacobs, Holger Marquardt, Lorenzo Martone, Marina Morena, Sean Patterson, Vincent Roberti, and Andressa Salomone.
Harry Winston was the Presenting Sponsor. The event’s Signature Sponsors were Andressa Salomone, Iguatemi São Paulo, Karavelle, and Moët Hennessy. Fasano, Mercedes-Benz, Schutz, and Vogue Brasil served as Associate Sponsors.The Inspiration series was launched in 2010 by amfAR and Josh Wood Productions to celebrate men’s style and fashion while raising funds for the Foundation’s lifesaving AIDS research programs. Inspiration galas have taken place in New York, Paris, Los Angeles, Toronto, Miami, and Rio de Janeiro, raising more than $26 million to date for amfAR’s programs, and the Inspiration Gala São Paulo accounts for over $10 million of that remarkable total.
Delta Air Lines is the Official Airline Partner. Moët Hennessy is the Official Wine and Spirits Partner. The amfAR Inspiration Gala São Paulo is produced by Josh Wood/Josh Wood Productions.