New York Women in Communications (NYWICI) will present the 2016 Matrix Awards during a luncheon at the Waldorf Astoria on Monday April 25, 2016, to honor eight extraordinary women who connect the world, having established themselves as innovators in the communications field.
The ceremony, hosted by Interpublic Group, will be emceed by Andy Cohen, Host and Executive Producer, “Watch What Happens Live.”
The Matrix Awards is recognized by the communications and entertainment communities as one of the most prestigious events of the year. More than 1,000 people are expected to gather and celebrate these brilliant women who are at the pinnacle of their careers in the communications industry. Previous award recipients include Meryl Streep, Arianna Huffington, Marissa Mayer, Diane von Furstenberg, Diane Sawyer and Anna Wintour, to name a few.
The 2016 Matrix Award Honorees & Presenters:
• Linda Boff: Chief Marketing Officer, GE, presented by Beth Comstock, Vice Chair, GE
• Nancy Dubuc: President and CEO, A+E Networks, presented by Jamie Gangel, Special Correspondent, CNN
• Lena Dunham: Creator and Star of HBO’s “Girls,” presented by Gloria Steinem, Writer, Activist and Organizer
• Nancy Gibbs: Editor, TIME, presented by Katie Couric, Award Winning Journalist, Best-selling Author, Documentarian
• Carol Hamilton: Group President, L’Oréal Luxe USA, presented by Caryl Stern, President and CEO, U.S. Fund for UNICEF
• Mellody Hobson: President, Ariel Investments, and CBS Financial Contributor, presented by Bill Bradley, Managing Director, Allen & Company, Former United States Senator
• Liz Kaplow: Founder and CEO, Kaplow Communications, presented by Debra Shriver, SVP and Chief Communications Officer, Hearst
• Janice Min: Co-President and Chief Creative Officer, The Hollywood Reporter —Billboard Media Group, presented by Bonnie Hammer, Chairman, NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment
“We are truly delighted to recognize these eight inspiring women for their remarkable work and significant contributions to the industry,” said Kim Kelleher, President of New York Women in Communications. “Their relentless ambition, drive and work ethic have made them into the leaders they are today and they are a great example for the next generation of communication leaders. We are excited to welcome them into our Matrix Hall of Fame.”
“The Matrix Awards is a one-of-a-kind event that brings together thousands of professionals in the communications industry to celebrate the outstanding women who are shaping today’s media landscape,” commented Michael Roth, Chairman and CEO of Interpublic Group. “IPG is pleased to sponsor this luncheon for the third year. Our company, like the New York Women in Communications organization, provides sustained and ongoing support for women at every stage of their careers and we’re thrilled to be a part of this program.”