When the latest season of “The Celebrity Apprentice” premiered on January 2, 2017, it was clear that the newest installment of the reality series has been revamped, and in many ways, for the better.
With an all-new cast of contestants, a new host and even a new filming location, the series is poised to reboot its ratings as well. Here’s what you can look forward to in the eighth season of The Celebrity Apprentice:
A New Host & Host City
Series staple, President-elect Donald Trump stepped down from his hosting duties on the show that helped bolster his star power after announcing his decision to run for the presidency. While Trump will still have some involvement in the series as an executive producer, the hosting duties will be taken over by action-star-turned-politician Arnold Schwarzenegger. Schwarzenegger is sure to bring his own brand of charm to the series as well as numerous classic catchphrases.
Another big change is that the show is moving filming production from New York City to Los Angeles. With this change will surely come a fresh spin on the contestant challenges and also a boost in accessibility to greater star power, whether in contestants, special guests or advisors.
An All-Star Cast
Sixteen contestants will be vying to be the next Celebrity Apprentice, earning the charity of their choice $250,000. Here are this season’s contestants:
• Kyle Richards: Actress, producer and star of “The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills”
• Carnie Wilson: Singer and member of 90’s girl group Wilson Phillips
• Boy George: Culture Club singer and Grammy Award-winning artist
• Ricky WIlliams: Heisman Trophy winner, ESPN sports anchor and former NFL player
• Laila Ali: Former boxing champion, TV host and daughter of Muhammad Ali
• Vince Neil: Lead singer of Motley Crue
• Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi: MTV reality star of “Jersey Shore”
• Carson Kressley: Television host and celebrity stylist
• Jon Lovitz: Former “Saturday Night Live” cast member and comedian
• Brooke Burke-Charvet: TV host, actress and web entrepreneur (ModernMom.com)
• Carrie Keagan: Actress, former TV host and writer
• Lisa Leslie: Olympic gold medalist and WNBA star
• Eric Dickerson: Former NFL player and member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame
• Porsha Williams: Star of “The Real Housewives of Atlanta” and singer
• Matt Iseman: Host of “American Ninja Warrior”
• Chael Sonnen: Retired UFC fighter
Impressive Business Advisors
The roster of advisors on this season of “The Celebrity Apprentice” is arguably more impressive than the contestants. Schwarzenegger will be consulting some of the leading minds in the business world as he makes weekly decisions in the boardroom this season. Advisors include:
• Warren Buffett: One of the most successful business investors in the world
• Steve Ballmer: Owner of the Los Angeles Clippers and former Microsoft CEO
• Jessica Alba: Founder of The Honest Company and Honest Beauty, actress and author
• Tyra Banks: CEO of the Tyra Banks Company and TYRA Beauty, accomplished model, producer, TV host and actress
• Patrick Knapp Schwarzenegger: Leading entertainment attorney and nephew of host Arnold
New Technology Integration
With the series set in L.A.’s very own Silicon Beach, you can expect this season to have a bigger focus on technology than ever before. While many challenges will be anchored in integrating technology, the series itself will likely see more technological integration as well.
In addition to watching the show on live TV when it airs on Mondays at 8 (7 Central), viewers can also catch up while on-the-go with NBC’s mobile app. In addition to full episodes, you can also use the app to view clips and special features.
More Charitable Giving
Each contestant has chosen a charity near and dear to them that they will be working with to raise awareness and money for while competing on “Celebrity Apprentice.” Over the course of the series, contestants have raised over $15 million for charity, according to NBC. This season will boost that amount further, with the winner earning a generous $250,000 for the charity of their choosing.