During the weekend, goop, the modern lifestyle brand founded by Gwyneth Paltrow, brought its highly anticipated wellness summit, In goop Health, to New York City for the first time.
Located at Seaport District NYC, the sold-out east coast installment of In goop Health followed the brand’s inaugural summit in June 2017 in Los Angeles. In the last ten years, goop has emerged as the definitive voice in the wellness space. The January summit continued that trend by illuminating new philosophies, hosting thought-provoking discussions and showcasing bespoke activations that spoke to attendees’ emotional and physical health.
Summit weekend started on Friday night at the 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, the official hotel partner of In goop Health, where Paltrow hosted cocktails at Brooklyn Heights Social Club followed by dinner at The Osprey. Additional presenting partners of the weekend include eyelove, TUMI and Cascadian Farm.
The morning of the summit, “Wellness Weekender” ticket holders enjoyed spa treatments at Bamford Spa and fitness classes with Tracy Anderson and Lauren Roxburgh before departing for Seaport District NY via Lyft Lux. Lyft, the official rideshare partner of In goop Health, also provided all guests with free rides to and from the event. Goop staffers, clad in custom Lingua Franca, greeted attendees with leather tassels color-coded by ticket tier.
The first panel of the day, moderated by producer, director and actress in the Emmy Award-winning Netflix series Black Mirror, Bryce Dallas Howard, addressed “the hard problem of consciousness.” An evolution of goop’s special issue “The Other Side,” Howard explored the issue with help from leading experts in the field.
Other panels throughout the day addressed topics such as hormones and diet, love and relationships and mental health. Goop founder and CEO Gwyneth Paltrow closed out the day-long symposium by moderating a panel focused on female empowerment, with speakers Drew Barrymore, Chelsea Handler, Gone Girl author Gillian Flynn, Laura Linney, and journalist Elaine Welteroth.
The summit also featured:
· A full day of issue-focused panels with leading doctors, scientists, entrepreneurs and boundary-pushing celebrities. In addition to the above, speakers included consciousness expert Dr. Eben Alexander, family therapist Terry Real and medium Laura Lynne Jackson.
· Wellness experiences including ayurvedic treatments, such as Nasya Therapy and Pulse Reading, by Surya Spa, magnetic acupressure by Nuurvana, B12 and glow shots by The Hydration Room, a look at the year ahead with astrologist Susan Miller, a sound meditation bar provided by Sacred Acoustics, chair massages provided by Chillhouse, cupping facials by Aimee Raupp, goop skincare treatments with Paltrow’s faciliast Anastasia Achilleos, an Uma Oil essence bar, hypnosis by Morgan Yakus, and more.
· Health-driven options from top vendors and chefs in the New York area, such as ABCV, Ancolie, Avocaderia, Brodo, Chaitlait, Clover Grocery, De Maria, Imperfect Produce, Milk Bar, Moon Juice, Nix, La Colombe, catering from Peter Callahan and more. Breakfast consisted of wholesome yogurt and organic granola from Cascadian Farm, who also kept attendees energized throughout the day with a Granola Scoop DIY snack bag station.
· goop collaborations including a custom goop x côte nail color, and a goop x Morgenstern’s exclusive vegan charcoal flavor ice cream. After launching at the summit, the goop x Morgenstern’s exclusive flavor will be available at Morgenstern’s SoHo location for one week following the event.
· Readings with Goop’s own “shiso intuitive” Maria Papapetros, powered by Bai Antioxident Water, the official water of the summit. Infused with antioxidants and inclusive of electrolytes, Bai kept guests hydrated throughout the experience.
· Custom beauty stations including non-toxic manicures by côte, skin consultations from Heyday and The Eye Bar, where guests were treated to a selection of indulgent eye masks, from gold-infused to LED.
• An In goop Health retail hall, featuring a curated selection of goop merchandise, including a wellness pharmacy, athleisure shop and clean beauty apothecary. Tumi, the official luggage partner of the summit, presented a wellness-on-the-go shop with TSA approved beauty and wellness necessities. The panel room features wallpaper by Calico.
· A culiminating retox hour with Joseph Phelps Vineyards and speciality cocktails featuring Bai Molokai Coconut.
· Sessions with top fitness and wellness experts including Eddie Stern, Heather Anderson, Desiree Pais of Benshenand Erin Telford.
· Gift bags valued at $1,000 for Turmeric ticket holders and $3,000+ for Ginger ticket holders, the latter which came housed in a $525 Tumi carry-on.