Calling all online shopping fans! Sport Relief announces a new eBay auction that gives the public the chance to bid on money-can’t-buy items and experiences donated by Russell Brand and a host of his celebrity friends.
From the worlds of music, sport and entertainment the likes of Bono, Stephen Fry, Paloma Faith, John Bishop and Gary Lineker, to name a few, have all given up beloved belongings or an amazing experience. These items among many others are set to get the pounds stacking up for Sport Relief. Items include:
- The chance to become Russell Brand for the day! Have a private yoga lesson with Russell, lunch at one of his favourite London restaurants, followed by the gift of Transcendental Meditation at the David Lynch Foundation
- Being Gary Lineker’s guest in the MOTD studio as he broadcasts the popular football highlights TV show live from MediaCityUK. After the show, Gary will sign a MOTD script for you
- A pair of Bono’s sunglasses and the chance to collect them from the musician himself – the winning bidder and a friend will be invited backstage to meet the U2 singer ahead of seeing the band perform live in the UK
- A signed disc of quadruple-platinum album ‘The Defamation of Strickland Banks’ from Plan B
- VIP tickets to sold-out Kasabian ‘Summer Solstice’ gig and a signed guitar
- Being a guest at the recording of QI with Stephen Fry
- Paloma Faith’s Olympic torch outfit
- Four tickets to John Bishop’s Supersonic tour and the chance to meet him
- Frankie Boyle’s suit and glasses from a recent stand-up tour
- A Russell Brand print from photographer to the stars Ray Burmiston
The auction runs until Sunday 2nd March and the public can also support the cause by selling something of their own on eBay for “Give it Up for Sport Relief”.
The money raised from this auction will go to the ‘Give it Up’ fund managed by Comic Relief and created by Russell to help people with drug and alcohol addictions remain abstinent.
To bid or sell something of your own visit: www.ebay.co.uk/sportrelief.