The Social Good Summit, a unique gathering of world leaders, global activists and influencers in the arts, technology and entertainment, will once again kick off the United Nations General Assembly with a symposium of globally-recognized speakers discussing innovations in media and technology to make the world a better place by 2030.
The summit is Sunday, Sept. 17 from 10 am to 6 pm at 1395 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY and includes:
• Kathy Calvin, President & CEO of the United Nations Foundation
• Bob Weir, Founding Member of the Grateful Dead and Dead & Company
• Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Actor, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Goodwill Ambassador
• H.M. Queen Rania Al Abdullah, Queen of Jordan
• Pete Cashmore, Founder & CEO of Mashable
• Connie Britton, Actor, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Goodwill Ambassador
• Carmen Perez, Executive Director of The Gathering for Justice and Co-Chair of the Women’s March on Washington
• Whoopi Goldberg, Actress, Comedian & Activist
• David Miliband, President & CEO, International Rescue Committee
• Henry Timms, Executive Director of 92Y, Founder of #GivingTuesday
• Laura Dreyfuss, Actor, Dear Evan Hansen
• Muzoon Al-Mellehan, Student and UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador
• Richard Curtis, Screenwriter, Director, Co-Founder, Comic Relief
• Two Members of The White Helmets (Syria Civil Defense)
Full list of speakers and agenda is here. Livestream is at socialgoodsummit.com/live.
The Social Good Summit is sponsored by Mashable, 92nd Street Y (92Y), United Nations Foundation and United Nations Development Programme.