After the sell-out success of last year’s Stand-up for Peace, Children of Peace’s renowned comedy night is back with a fantastic line-up, in aid of an inspirational cause. The money raised will go towards projects that specifically bring Israeli and Palestinian children together in the hope that they will develop long lasting friendships.
Children of Peace – the UK based multi-faith and non partisan charity– aims to build friendship, reconciliation and trust between Israeli and Palestinian children and youth, aged 4-17, through shared arts, education, health and sports programs, regardless of faith, gender or heritage.
The star-studded line-up includes:
- Richard Morris: currently warm-up act for Ricky Gervais, Daily Telegraph Open Mic award nominee and our compere for the evening.
- Simon Munnery: Sony Radio award winner, British comedy and Perrier award nominee.
- Paul Foot: BBC New Comedy award and Daily Telegraph Open Mic award winner.
- The Unexpected Items: Sketch comedy group and creators of YouTube sensation Gap Yah, Time Out Critics choice 2008, 2009, 2010.
* Jess Robinson: up and coming impressionist, featured on BBC2’s Dead Ringers and ITV’s Headcases.
- The Aspidistras: Dark and delirious character comedians, described as ‘Bone-dry, original and very very funny’ by The Word.
- Eirlys Bellin: Had rave reviews for her debut solo show Eirlys Bellin: Reality Check at Edinburgh, Funny Women Awards semi-finalist.
* Diane Morgan: One half of Two Episodes of Mash, runner-up Hackney Empire New Act Of The Year 2006 and runner-up Funny Women Awards 2006.
- Clare Warde and Jen Brister: Sunday Times praised their ‘bold sketches, surreal ideas, and slick banter’.
Stand Up for Peace is taking place on Thursday 15th July from 8pm to 10pm at the Cockpit Theatre, Gateforth Street, (off Church Street), LONDON NW8 8EH. The bar is open from 7pm to 11pm. The nearest stations are Marylebone and Edware Road.
Tickets are available here.
Madonna is the Patron of the charity and HH The Begum Aga Khan is the Royal Patron. Goodwill Ambassadors include Bassam Aramin, Mansoor Ijaz, Yasmin Levy, Tobias Ellwood MP (Conservative), Louise Ellman MP (Labour) and Edward Davey MP (Liberal Democrat).
Friends of the charity include Dame Helen Mirren, Emma Thompson, the Archbishop of York, Tim Burton, Jeff Goldblum, Julia Sawalha, Natasha Marsh, Dame Judi Dench, Mark Ronson, Sophie Ellis Bextor, Corinne Bailey Rae, Greg Wise, Patrick Stewart and Sir Martin Gilbert.
Children of Peace is now a leading children’s charity in the region focusing on protecting children from all communities and faiths and currently works with numerous regional partners in the Gaza, Israel & the West Bank.