The Adrienne Shelly Foundation (ASF), a non-profit organization dedicated to the memory of adored writer, director and actor Adrienne Shelly, is hosting its 4th annual celebrity charity eBay auction, which kicked-off on the 5th anniversary of Shelly’s passing, November 1, and will run through November 10.
The auction of 60+ items features once-in-a-lifetime celebrity experiences including:
- Exclusive breakfast/lunch dates with celebrities like Jon Hamm, Cheryl Hines, Rosario Dawson, Alison Brie, Paul Haggis, Keri Russell, Paul Rudd, Michelle Williams, Bill Hader, Meredith Vieira, Rosanna Arquette, John Slattery, Patricia Clarkson, and more
- Set visits and meet & greets to TV shows such as The Good Wife, Pan Am, Castle, Rachel Maddow Show, Drop Dead Diva, Hardball with Chris Matthews
- Walk-on roles on Hung, Community, Joss Whedon’s next film In Your Eyes, and the film You Remind Me of Me, produced by Ted Hope
- VIP ticket packages include meet & greets to a variety of shows including The Soup, Martha Stewart, Rachael Ray, E! News, Joan Rivers, The Wrap Up Show; VIP tickets to Ellen, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, Letterman, The Colbert Report, Chelsea Lately and Real Time with Bill Maher
- Passes and tickets to exclusive film festivals including Sundance Film Festival, Tribeca Film Festival and LA Film Festival
- Sporting event experiences including VIP NY Giants owners box tickets with field passes and signed Eli Manning helmet
All proceeds from the eBay auction will go toward ASF’s mission of providing women with film school scholarships, production grants, finishing funds and living stipends. A full list of items can be viewed at www.ebay.com/asfoundation.
“This is our biggest and best auction yet,” said ASF founder and executive Director Andy Ostroy, who is also Adrienne’s widower. “Each year more and more very generous celebrities come forward to help us raise funds so we can achieve our mission. We’re very grateful for their ongoing support.”
Further honoring Adrienne on the 5th anniversary of her death, the ASF hosted its first annual Woman of Vision Salute at the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) on November 2nd. The event honored talented filmmaker Nicole Holofcener for her successful career with a screening of her movie Lovely & Amazing followed by a spirited discussion and Q&A with actor Catherine Keener. Following in the foundation’s mission to aid in the advancement of talented women filmmakers, the ASF awarded its annual IFP Director’s Grant to Sara Blecher. The night concluded with a screening of a short montage of Adrienne’s work as a way to honor and remember the successful filmmaker.