Riverkeeper, Inc. is a member-supported not-for-profit environmental organization whose mission is to protect the ecological, commercial and recreational integrity of the Hudson River and its tributaries, and to safeguard the upstate watersheds that supply drinking water to more than nine million New York City and Hudson Valley residents.
Founded in 1966 as the Hudson River Fishermen’s Association, a small group of activists determined to reverse the decline of the Hudson, Riverkeeper has grown to become the river’s most visible and effective advocate, as well as a leader in protecting the New York City water supply. Our 10,000 members – urban, suburban, and rural residents; fishermen; trades people and professionals – reflect the great diversity of the Hudson River Valley and the New York metropolitan area.
How you can help
- Become a member and be alerted to breaking environmental news and citizen actions
- Become a Riverkeeper volunteer
- Get trained as a Riverkeeper Watchdog
- Brings friends and family to our annual events: NY Water Fest, Shad
- Fest, Fishermen’s Ball and others
- Donate to Riverkeeper
Celebrity supporters 3
Riverkeeper has received support from the following celebrities listed on this site: