The new items include:
· A private screening with Martin Scorsese to view a film of choice with friends from his impressive directorial roster
· A once-in-a-lifetime red carpet and after-party experience with Ethan Hawke at the NYC premiere of his new film, “Born to be Blue”
· A diamond-studded Movado Concerto watch worn by Kerry Washington as Olivia Pope on the hit ABC show, “Scandal”
· The opportunity to work with Russell Simmons at a one-week internship at All Def Digital
· A five-day sun and surf trip at a private beachside villa in Turks and Caicos
· A one-week stay at Casa Dos Marias in Acapulco
· The VIP treatment and meet and greets at “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon!,” “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert” and “The Dr. Oz Show.”
The auction will take place on Thursday, December 3, 2015. Proceeds from the auction will benefit Tibet House US and The Tibetan Community of New York and New Jersey.
For supporters who cannot attend the event, Charitybuzz will as the event’s official online auction partner. The Tibet House US auction will be live from November 24, 2015, to December 3, 2015, at CharityBuzz.com.
This year’s Honorary Chair Committee includes Philip Glass, Petra Nemcova, Yoko Ono Lennon, Sandra & Eric Ripert, Martin Scorsese, Trudie Styler & Sting, Uma Thurman, Jann Wenner & Matt Nye, and Arden Wohl.
Additional Auction Highlights Include:
- Rare Items & Opportunities: two tickets to meet Sting at his one-night-only benefit concert, “Evening with Sting: Symphonicities,” at Carnegie Hall and attend a post-show gala dinner at The Plaza Hotel; the once-in-a-lifetime chance to star in an autobiographical musical with professional Broadway actors, produced by Apples and Oranges Studios; a behind-the-scenes look at New York Fashion Week with supermodel Petra Nemcova; a private food and wine tasting for seven people by Le Bernardin’s world-renowned chef Eric Ripert and Wine Director Aldo Sohm at Aldo Sohm Wine Bar; a shopping spree at Donna Karan's Urban Zen; a personalized voice message from Hugh Jackman; a walk-on role in a major Hollywood motion picture, internships at Def Jam and Rolling Stone magazine, a ride to the destination of your choice on a private Millennium Jet and additional items from Martin Scorsese and Quentin Tarantino.
- Adventures & Exotic Trips: A eight-day adventure for two hosted by Aqua Expeditions and GeoEx, which includes four nights exploring the scenic Mekong river life of Vietnam and Cambodia aboard the Aqua Mekong luxury cruise vessel and a three-night luxury stay before or after the cruise; wildly luxurious African adventures from EXPLORE, highlighting the best of Botswana, Victoria Falls, the Ultimate South African Safari and/or Cape Town; a ten-day exotic trip to Bali for two; a magical journey to the Gobi desert in Mongolia with Nomadic Expeditions; a Peruvian Amazon cruise for two on Delfin Cruises; a seven-day stay in Tibet at the Norden Travel’s The Norden Camp; five nights in a pristine beach villa at Parrot Cay in Turks and Caicos; and weekend getaways at New York City landmarks including The Standard High Line, the NoMad Hotel and The Greenwich Hotel.
- Contemporary Art & Photography: Rare artwork by Christo, Ross Bleckner, Danny Clinch, Shepard Fairey, Milton Glaser, Herb Green, Bob Gruen, Elliott Landy, Sheila Metzner, Ben Morea, Michele Oka Doner, Ed Ruscha, Patti Smith and Peter Tunney.
- Fashion & Jewelry: Exquisite pieces by an array of top jewelers, including an Urban Jungle necklace by Erickson Beamon, an 18-karat Handmade Madala Ring by Paula Crevoshay, a green pearl and labradorite necklace by Darlene de Sedle, Mara Hoffman, a turquoise and sterling silver bracelet by Pamela Huizenga, a platinum crescent and star necklace with seed pearls by Me + Ro, emerald sasa earrangs by Paula Mendoza, Doyle Mueser, OSKLEN, Jill Platner, 18-karat teardrop earrings by Loree Rodkin, an Atelier Swarovski by Arik levy necklace and a custom suit from Brooks Brothers.
- Tibet & Beyond: Antique and ceremonial objects, Tibetan rugs, sculptures, and other global finds.
For more information regarding this year’s Auction, please contact Lynn Schauwecker at 845.688.6897 (ext. 7523) or visit www.tibethouse.us.