Coming up in January, the Red Carpet Bleacher Seat auction from Jan. 3-10, 2011 will offer fans the opportunity to cheer the 17th Annual SAG Awards’ nominees and presenters as they make their way down the red carpet. The Ceremony auction that launches Jan. 27-31 will feature one-of-a kind experiences and memorabilia donated by our nominees and their films and television programs as well as sponsors and media.
The SAG Awards Auctions benefit the SAG Foundation to help make possible the Foundation’s public children’s literacy programs: BookPALS (Performing Artists for Literacy in Schools) and Storyline Online. The auction also supports Foundation programs providing emergency relief to SAG members in economic distress, video and audio preservation of the creative legacy of SAG members, scholarships for performers and their children, emergency funds for members with catastrophic illnesses and The Actor’s Center. Details are available at www.sagfoundation.org and www.bookpals.net.
The Holiday Auction opens Friday, Dec. 10 at 9 a.m. PT at www.sagawards.org/auction. The auction will stay open for one week and close at 5 p.m, PT on Friday, Dec 17, 2010.
Some of the items going under the hammer include:
- “Mad Men” script autographed by Jon Hamm, Christina Hendricks, January Jones, Elisabeth Moss, John Slattery and more
- “Over The Hedge” framed and autographed picture
- “The Kids Are All Right” poster autographed by Annette Bening, Julianne Moore and Mark Ruffalo
- “Secretariat” poster autographed by Diane Lane
- “Country Strong” poster autographed by Gwyneth Paltrow
- “All Good Things” poster signed by Kirsten Dunst
- “Get Low” poster signed by Robert Duvall, Sissy Spacek
- “City Island” poster autographed by Andy Garcia and Julianna Margulies
- “Hot In Cleveland” poster autographed by Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves, Wendie Malick and Betty White
- and many other great items from Elizabeth Taylor, Lance Bass, Minnie Driver, Tavis Smiley, Bernadette Peters and more.
Fans who love to see their favorite stars on the SAG Awards red carpet will have the chance from Jan. 3-10 to win tickets in the Red Carpet Bleacher Auction. Up for bid are 15 sets of two seats and 15 sets of four seats. Winners will be able to take pictures.
The third and final auction, the Ceremony Auction that revolves around the nominated actors and ensembles, will start Jan. 27 and close on Jan. 31, 2010. In previous years, the auction has included autographed scripts and posters, wardrobe and props and set visits to studios. This auction will also offer great items and experiences from the hot, up-to-the minute entertainment news outlets. Set visits to “E! News,” “Entertainment Tonight” and “Extra” have been past big sellers. Also up for bid will be SAG Awards memorabilia, including tote bags, hats and this year’s production team gift. Additional auction items will be announced throughout January.
The Screen Actors Guild Awards auction to benefit the SAG Foundation is managed by Clothes Off Our Back and Screen Actors Guild Awards.