Justin Timberlake, one of the hottest stars in entertainment, has donated a once-in-a-lifetime experience to raise funds for Russell Simmons' Rush Philanthropic Arts Foundation through the 2012 Art for Life Online Auction at Charitybuzz.com.
Timberlake is auctioning the chance for two incredibly lucky fans to hang out with him backstage after any concert of their choice during his 2012 tour. Bidding on the package is open through August 10th at leading charity auction site charitybuzz. The estimated value is set at $10,000.
Timberlake is joined by dozens of other celebrities in his effort to raise funds. More than 70 exclusive VIP experiences, from the chance to workout with Gwyneth Paltrow in the Hamptons to the chance to meet Jennifer Hudson, are on the auction block to raise funds for the Foundation’s signature arts education and gallery programs, which directly serve 2,300 students each year.
This year’s Art for Life auction highlights include:
- Meet Alec Baldwin on the set of NBC’s 30 Rock in New York City
- Meet Justin Timberlake with two VIP tickets to the 2012 Concert of Your Choice
- Workout with Gwyneth Paltrow in the Hamptons this summer
- Join a video chat with Edward Norton
- Meet Jennifer Hudson with two tickets to the US concert of your choice
- Meet 50 Cent backstage with two tickets to the concert of Your choice
- Attend the fashionable finale of Project Runway with two VIP tickets and exclusive behind-the-scenes access
- One week internship at Newsweek/The Daily Beast and the chance to meet Editor-in-Chief Tina Brown
- Meet Anna Wintour as you go behind-the-scenes at Vogue magazine’s office in Times Square
- Tour CNN’s NYC Studio with Soledad O'Brien
- Meet Bill Maher with 2 Tickets to Real Time with Bill Maher in LA
- And more than 60 other VIP experiences!
The auction runs in conjunction with Russell Simmons and Danny Simmons' 12th annual ART FOR LIFE East Hampton benefit gala on Saturday, July 30th at Russell Simmons East Hampton estate. The evening will celebrate the creative energy of New York City youth and honor exemplary individuals in the community for their career achievements and philanthropic works. The evening will honor recording artist Mary J. Blige, actor/filmmaker Edward Norton, President of JPMorgan Chase Foundation Kimberly B. Davis and world renown nutritionist and author Oz Garcia. The star-studded fundraising event will be hosted by CNN’s Soledad O’Brien and The View and Rush Kids Auctioneer Star Jones and feature a special performance by Grammy award-winning artist Jennifer Hudson. This year’s Featured Artist is Kara Walker. Gwyneth Paltrow is serving as Honorary Chair. Event Chairs include LaLa Anthony, Marc J. Leder, Esther Silver-Parker, Uma Thurman and Patricia Velasquez. Lucille Blair and Kehinde Wiley will serve as Art Auction Chairs. Shamin Abas, Angella Forbes, and Natasha Silver will serve as the Luxury Auction Chairs.
ART FOR LIFE East Hampton is Rush Philanthropic’s primary annual fundraising effort that helps support thousands of underserved New York children. Close to 800 industry leaders from the entertainment, arts, business and philanthropic communities attend the event each year. ART FOR LIFE is one of the most anticipated events of the Hamptons Summer season and sells out annually.
For the fourth consecutive year, Rush Philanthropic is teaming up with charitybuzz to further the event’s charitable outreach. Charitybuzz raises millions for more than 1,000 nonprofits around the globe through innovative online auctions with the world’s most influential celebrities and brands. The company empowers its socially-conscious community of online bidders to truly doGOOD and liveWELL, offering exclusive opportunities to make a difference.