International charity and educational partner, Free The Children, has announced additional speakers and performers joining Selena Gomez, Seth Rogen and Magic Johnson among other previously announced speakers and performers set to inspire 16,000 youth at the first We Day California on March 26 at the Oracle Arena with the support of Co-Title Sponsors Microsoft, The Allstate Foundation and Unilever Project Sunlight.
Also revealed today were the co-hosts for We Day California Rico and Raini Rodriguez, TV stars and siblings.
The full lineup taking the stage at We Day California includes:
· J. Cole – GRAMMY®-nominated hip hop artist
· Big Sean – American hip hop recording artist
· Rico Rodriguez – Actor from the hit television series Modern Family
· Raini Rodriguez – Singer and actress on Disney® channel’s Austin & Ally
· Laila Ali – TV host, Four-time world boxing champion and daughter of global icon & humanitarian Muhammad Ali
· Evanna Lynch – Actress known for her role of Luna Lovegood in the “Harry Potter” movie franchise
· Clemantine Wamariya – Rwandan Genocide survivor and former refugee, Yale graduate, accomplished public speaker
· Selena Gomez – Actress and multi-platinum recording artist
· Seth Rogen – Canadian-born actor, writer, director, and producer
· Magic Johnson – NBA legend, two-time hall of famer, philanthropist and co-chair of We Day California
· Orlando Bloom – Actor and UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador
· Martin Luther King III – Human Rights advocate and eldest son of the late Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
· Lauren Miller – American actress and screenwriter
· Martin Sheen – Emmy and Golden Globe Award-winning actor and activist
· Jesse Giddings – E! News correspondent and Free The Children ambassador
· The Tenors – Award-winning, multi-platinum vocal super group joined by up-and-coming hip hop sensation, Young Stitch
· Nyjah Huston – Gold medal street skater and co-founder of Let It Flow
· Craig and Marc Kielburger – Co-founders of Free The Children
· Spencer West – Me to We inspirational speaker, Free The Children ambassador, author and double amputee who climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro
· Hannah Alper – 11-year-old Me to We inspirational speaker, Free The Children ambassador, blogger and youth activist
We Day California will also see local young leaders and performers take the stage including Vocal Rush, a renowned a cappella group from Oakland School for the Arts, the Oakland Youth Orchestra, dance group, Culture Shock and spoken word group,Youth Speaks.
Organized by Free The Children, We Day is taking the philanthropic world by storm and going global with events in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Over 180,000 youth this school year alone will come together to take part in an unprecedented educational initiative which inspires students to become active local and global citizens
Students can’t buy a ticket to We Day; they earn it through service by making a commitment to take action on at least one local and one global initiative of their choice as part of the year-long educational program called We Act. The We Act program supports students and teachers with free educational resources, student-led campaigns and support materials to help turn the inspiration of We Day into sustained activation. The program enhances a school’s existing service learning initiatives or sparks new ones.
We Day is free of charge to the thousands of students and teachers in attendance, thanks to the extraordinary support of sponsors, led in California by Co-Title Sponsors Microsoft, The Allstate Foundation and Unilever Project Sunlight.
Stay connected with We Day and Free The Children. We Day has over 1 million followers on Twitter and is the one of the world’s largest charitable causes on Facebook with 3.7 million fans.