Global charity auction site Charitybuzz recently launched the second annual “School Day” auction featuring once-in-a-lifetime experiences, with the proceeds benefiting Communities in Schools (CIS) and DonorsChoose.org.
The auction has brought together entertainment, business, and sports icons such as Oscar winner Robert Downey Jr, Emmy nominee Jon Hamm, Academy Award-winning actress Halle Berry, Oscar-winning filmmakers Brian Grazer and Ron Howard, golfer Rickie Fowler, actor Zac Efron, and actress Nina Dobrev, among many others.
Netflix’s Ted Sarandos; Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, and Tony Award-winning actress Whoopi Goldberg, supermodel Cindy Crawford, renowned chef Thomas Keller, and the Today show’s Hoda Kotb are among the available auction participants. Bidding is open through Thursday, September 18 at Charitybuzz.com/SchoolDay2014.
The “School Day” auction also includes the opportunity to bid on attending the exclusive “School Day Lunch With A Leader” event hosted on September 18th at Bouchon in Beverly Hills and The Palm restaurants in New York City and Nashville. Winners will dine with industry leaders from the world of technology, entertainment, sports, and beyond, including Today show co-anchor Hoda Kotb; host and executive producer of Watch What Happens: Live, Andy Cohen, Los Angeles Clippers Head Coach and President of Basketball Operations Glenn “Doc” Rivers, and DreamWorks co-chairman and CEO Stacey Snider, plus others.
First launched in 2013, the “School Day” campaign was created in partnership with leading entertainment and sports agency Creative Artists Agency (CAA), and its philanthropic arm, the CAA Foundation, long-time supporters of children’s education. Last year’s School Day auction raised nearly $500,000 for Communities in Schools of Angeles. This year, CAA is expanding “School Day” to include the agency’s New York and Nashville communities.
One hundred percent of net proceeds from the auction will benefit Communities In Schools of Los Angeles (CISLA) and Communities In Schools of Tennessee (CIST), the nation’s leading high school dropout prevention organization, which surrounds students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life, as well as DonorsChoose.org, an online charity that makes it easy for anyone to help public school students in need.
Highlights of the auction items include:
• Lunches with: Nick Jonas; Brian Grazer and Ron Howard; LinkedIn CEO
Jeff Weiner; Twitter Co-Founder Biz Stone; Gilt CEO Michelle Peluso; Frozen director Jennifer Lee
• Meet James Franco when you sit in on his graduate film class in Los Angeles
• Join Zac Efron on the set of his next film, We Are Your Friends, in Los Angeles
• Spend a day at the French Laundry with Thomas Keller
• Enjoy a one-hour hot yoga session with Jessica Alba
• Meet Ne-Yo at Ne-Yo’s Fostering a Legacy Benefit September 12 in New York
• Have What Not to Wear co-host Stacy London edit your closet in New York
• Join chef Carla Hall for lunch after attending a taping of The Chew
• Two tickets to any Muse concert in the world, meet the band and more
• A trip to Super Bowl XLIX including roundtrip airfare, accommodations and access to Super Bowl parties
• Join Zendaya for lunch in Los Angeles on the set of her latest project