The 11th annual Food Network & Cooking Channel New York City Wine & Food Festival presented by Capital One (NYCWFF) took over the Big Apple October 11 thru the 14, drawing nearly 50,000 passionate fans, media and industry professionals to over 75 events benefiting No Kid Hungry and Food Bank For New York City.
Attendees enjoyed a variety of offerings, including signature tastings, late-night parties, hands-on classes, specially-curated panel discussions, and more throughout the gourmet weekend.
The entire Festival was full of highlights at every event, but a sampling of memories made over the weekend included:
- Chefs and Food Network personalities Giada De Laurentiis, Alex Guarnaschelli, Katie Lee, and Rachael Ray joined social justice advocate and Me Too movement creator Tarana Burke on stage at the Supper is Served kick-off event on Thursday, October 11. Artists Natasha Bedingfield, known for her songs “Pocketful of Sunshine” and “Unwritten”, and Billboard country chart-topper and multi-time Grammy Award nominee Martina McBride performed a selection of their most empowering hits for 2,500 attendees who enjoyed fare from more than 25 of the nation’s top female chefs carving a path for future generations.
- The fan-favorite Blue Moon Burger Bash presented by Pat LaFrieda Meats hosted by Rachael Ray crowned two new champions on Friday, October 12. Judges David Burtka, Neil Patrick Harris, Geoffrey Zakarian and Andrew Zimmern selected Citi Field – Home of the New York Mets as this year’s Pat LaFrieda’s 2018 NYCWFF Burger Bash Champion for their Sliders & Sinkers entry. Attendees voted Clinton Hall as this year’s Blue Moon People’s Choice Award-winner for their entry, The Double Smashed burger, which was served with classic French fries.
- Chefs and Food Network personalities Alton Brown, Giada De Laurentiis, Bobby Flay and Ina Garten hosted Food Network’s Rooftop Birthday Party on Saturday, October 13. They were joined by Valerie Bertinelli, Anne Burrell, Scott Conant, Alex Guarnaschelli, Katie Lee, Jeff Mauro, Marc Murphy, Marcus Samuelsson, Geoffrey Zakarian, Andrew Zimmern and more for a special toast and star-studded rendition of “Happy Birthday” to pay tribute to the prominent role Food Network has played in redefining the nation’s relationship with food. Highlights from the evening can be viewed HERE.
- Foodie fans of all ages gathered on Sunday, October 14 at Coca-Cola Backyard BBQ presented by National Beef and Pat LaFrieda Meats hosted by Billy Durney and Pat LaFrieda. In addition to face-painting, pumpkin-carving and carnivorous creations from more than 30 grill maestros, Nick’s Lobster House took home The Coca-Cola Backyard BBQ Award for their grilled octopus and red cabbage slaw.
Several other stand-out moments capped off the star-studded weekend, including:
- New York broadcast personalities Elvis Duran of Z100 Radio and Rosanna Scotto of Good Day New York hosting Chelsea Night Market presented by Alfa Romeo
- An in-depth conversation about immigration and hospitality during a panel curated by Andrew Zimmern and moderated by political commentator Ana Navarro, which took place at Beverage Media presents Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits Trade Tasting hosted by Wine Spectator
- A Breakfast Pajama Party for the whole family hosted by TODAY’s Dylan Dreyer and Sheinelle Jones
- Twitter presents #CRAVINGSFEST by CHRISSY TEIGEN to celebrate the release of Teigen’s new cookbook Cravings: Hungry for More (Clarkson Potter, September 2018)
- The first-ever Festival Drag Brunch presented by ABSOLUT GRAPEFRUIT hosted by Countess Luann de Lesseps
And much more!