Charitybuzz, the leading destination for luxury online charity auctions, presents its 3rd Annual Charitybuzz Mother’s Day Auction, featuring over 200 once-in-a-lifetime experiences and gifts with mom in mind, from the chance to meet Oprah Winfrey backstage at one the final tapings of The Oprah Winfrey Show to an afternoon with Barbra Streisand on the set of her newest film.
Proceeds directly benefit more than 75 nonprofit organizations around the world, including the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, The RFK Center for Justice and Human Rights, The Art of Elysium, The FEED Foundation, After-School All-Stars, Red Cross, Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS, Children Mending Hearts, Generation Rescue, Habitat For Humanity, Malaria No More and many more. Bidding is open now through May 6th at charitybuzz at www.charitybuzz.com/MothersDay2011.
Throughout the year, charitybuzz raises funds for causes ranging from natural disaster relief to global poverty prevention to access to the arts by auctioning one-of-a-kind experiences donated by socially conscious celebrities, athletes, artists, political leaders and pop culture icons. The charitybuzz Mother’s Day Auction brings together the most coveted experiences in a customized collection of gifts that give back. Moms can mingle backstage with their favorite music artists, pose for a photo with their Hollywood heart-throbs, sneak onto the sets of their favorite TV shows, and everything in between.
Celebrity participants in this year’s Mothers’ Day Auction include Oprah Winfrey, Barbra Streisand, Lady Gaga, Bette Midler, Matt Damon, Halle Berry, Mila Kunis, Stevie Nicks, Martha Stewart, Laura Linney, Jenny McCarthy, Kate Linder, Barry Manilow, Jimmy Fallon, Judith Ripka, Niki Taylor, Shane Victorino, Rainn Wilson, Michael Kors, Lisa Rinna, Mark Wahlberg, Jeff Beck and many more.
Mother’s Day Auction highlights include:
- Meet Barbra Streisand on the set of My Mother’s Curse in Los Angeles
- Meet Oprah Winfrey backstage after one of her final tapings of The Oprah Winfrey Show – CLOSES EARLY ON APRIL 28th
- A private cooking class for 6 with world-renowned chef Michel Richard followed by dinner at Citronelle
- Win a walk-on role on HBO’s hit series True Blood
- Have lunch with three-time Emmy Award winner and acting legend Laura Linney in Los Angeles
- Walk the red carpet and meet Bette Midler at her star studded Hulaween Gala in New York City
- Live in the lap of luxury at the private resort of Tony Robbins, Namale, in the Fiji Islands!
- Have your voicemail recorded by Matt Damon
- Meet Barry Manilow after seeing his Las Vegas Show from VIP level seats
- Enjoy a walk-on role in NBC’s hottest television comedy, Community in Los Angeles, CA
- Experience Saturday Night Live like never before with tickets to the show plus access to the very exclusive after-party with your favorite SNL cast members
- Dine with the one and only Jenny McCarthy in Los Angeles
- Attend the Michael Kors September 2011 runway show in New York City
- Fulfill your fantasy to host a radio show by co-hosting “Living Today” Martha Stewart living radio on Sirius XM Radio
- Attend the finale of American Idol in Los Angeles on May 24, 2011
- An exclusive behind-the-scenes tour of the closed set of The Young and the Restless with Kate Linder in Los Angeles
- Two tickets to a live taping of Dancing with the Stars in Los Angeles
- Go backstage on the set of The Office and take a tour with Rainn Wilson, including airfare to Los Angeles
- Go behind the scenes and visit the set of NBC’s hit comdey 30 Rock
- Meet Jimmy Fallon after you and a guest enjoy VIP tickets to Late Night With Jimmy Fallon
- Stay seven nights at the “GoldenEye,” the most luxurious resort in the Caribbean
- Enjoy a one week stay at Rancho La Puerta, Travel & Leisure Magazine’s 2010 World’s Best Destination Spa
- And more than 200 additional opportunities to give!
“We are thrilled about the outstanding support our celebrity donors have shown for our 2011 Mother’s Day Auction, offering experiences worth hundreds of thousands of dollars in total for charity,” said charitybuzz CEO and co-founder Coppy Holzman. “At charitybuzz, each opportunity to give a gift is also an opportunity to give back, and this Mother’s Day, there’s never been a better time to bid to give.”
For a full list of auction items, visit www.charitybuzz.com.