From the chance to meet Paul McCartney backstage at a concert to an extra role in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1, Charitybuzz, the global charity auction site, closed out another incredible year raising more than ever before for its more than 2,500 charity partners.
In 2014, Charitybuzz raised $30 million for its nonprofit partners, bringing its total raised since inception in 2005 to $130 million. Hundreds of celebrities from Bruce Springsteen to Matthew McConaughey hit the auction block to support their favorite causes, bringing in impressive amounts for organizations like the RFK Center for Justice and Human Rights, Gabrielle's Angel Foundation for Cancer Research, WhyHunger, Sweet Relief Musicians Fund, The Kristen Ann Carr Fund and more.
Below are the top 20 celebrity auctions of 2014:
1. Meet Sir Paul McCartney backstage at a US concert of choice and attend soundcheck, $105,000 for the MTV Staying Alive Foundation
2. Have lunch with Eddy Cue, Apple’s CVP of Software and Services, at Apple Headquarters, $85,000 for the National Association of Basketball Coaches Foundation
4. Meet Bruce Springsteen at the Sydney Australia Show on February 19, $72,500 for The Kristen Ann Carr Fund
5. Be an extra on the set of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 in Atlanta, $43,501 for The Kristen Ann Carr Fund
6. Signed guitar used by Dave Matthews in 1991 to 1992, $41,000 for the Music Resource Center
7. Spend an afternoon with Marcus Lemonis of CNBC’s The Profit in New York City, $41,000 for the Lulu & Leo Fund
8. Visit the Fast Money set and meet Melissa Lee, $41,000 for the Lulu & Leo Fund
9. Fly to meet Kenny Chesney at a 2015 Concert, $40,000 for WhyHunger
10. Dinner with Robert De Niro at Rao’s in New York City, $38,500 for the RFK Center for Justice and Human Rights
11. Meet Jim Carrey at the Dumb and Dumber To premiere, $30,250 for the Better U Foundation
14. Lunch with Robert Downey Jr at Bouchon in Beverly Hills, $26,000 for CAA Foundation to benefit CISLA and DonorsChoose.org
16. Lunch with Jessica Alba in Los Angeles, $25,000 for Presidio Knolls School
17. Meet Bruno Mars backstage at a Concert, $23,500 for Stephen Gaynor School
18. Meet the Rolling Stones at their show in Auckland, New Zealand, $21,600 for Community Links
20. Meet Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic in Los Angeles, $20,000 for Aspen Film.
Honorable mentions go to Brett Favre, Cher, Nina Dobrev, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air cast, Lady Gaga and Alan Cumming who each had a single auction experience at Charitybuzz raise more than $15,000 for charity in 2014. Business leaders, politicos, luxury automobiles, yachts, and exclusive luxury goods also brought in some of the site’s highest price tags in addition to the celebrity experiences listed above.