By Myrlia Purcell on
Faith Hill, Tim McGraw, Djimon Hounsou, and Eva Mendes are among the list of 2007 Cartier LOVECHARITY Bracelet Ambassadors.
The Cartier LOVE bracelet was introduced more than 30 years ago, and has risen to be one of the most coveted jewelry designs in the world. In 2006 alone, more than $1.2 million was donated to eight global charities from the sales of its LOVECHARITY bracelet, spurring the company to create a new LOVECHARITY bracelet for 2007. The goal is to exceed last year’s donations as a number of new celebrities join the endeavor.
The 2007 LOVECHARITY bracelet features an 18K white gold miniature LOVE bracelet graced with the word LOVE and accented with two signature screw motifs. It is set into a knotted silk cord available in various colors, with each cord designating support of a unique cause. The bracelet costs $475 with $100 per bracelet benefiting its corresponding charity.
The complete list of the 2007 Ambassadors and their corresponding charities includes:
- Faith Hill and Tim McGraw have a chocolate brown bracelet for the Neighbor's Keeper Foundation
- Djimon Hounsou has a deep copper bracelet for SOS Children's Villages
- Eva Mendes has a navy bracelet for The Art of Elysium
- Julianne Moore has a lavender bracelet for the Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance
- Rihanna has a sea foam green bracelet for Believe Foundation
- Usher has a gold bracelet for the Usher's New Look Foundation
- Rachel Weisz has a lilac bracelet for The Constant Gardener Trust
- Elie Wiesel has a yellow bracelet for The Elie Wiesel Foundation for Humanity
The 2006 LOVECHARITY Bracelets will also be available through the year, supporting YouthAIDS (Rosario Dawson) ; the Salma Hayek Foundation (Salma Hayek) ; USA Harvest (Scarlett Johansson) ; Maurice Kanbar Institute of Film & Television Graduate Division / Tisch School of the Arts/NYC (Spike Lee) ; Maasai Wilderness Conservation Trust (Edward Norton) ; UNICEF (Sarah Jessica Parker) ; The Breast Cancer Research Foundation (Liv Tyler) ; and Mercy Corps Gulf Coast Recovery Fund (Michael Stipe).
Cartier’s second annual LOVE DAY is scheduled for June 8, and on this day 10% of all sales from the complete LOVE collection will benefit partnered organizations.
Copyright © 2007 Look to the Stars
Source: PR Newswire