The Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice and Human Rights launched its 6th Annual Spring Auction today with support from more than 100 of the world’s most recognizable figures spanning business, entertainment, sports, and politics.
Tim Cook, Francis Ford Coppola, Robert De Niro, Alex Trebek, Carrie Underwood and Peyton Manning are just a few of iconic figures hitting the online auction block to benefit the RFK Center and its partner organization, RFK Europe. The auction, powered by global charity auction site Charitybuzz, is open to bidders internationally April 24 through May 14 at www.Charitybuzz.com/RFK.
“The RFK Center’s annual auctions empower our human rights advocacy around the world, from courtrooms to classrooms, from Cambodia to California,” said Kerry Kennedy, President of the RFK Center. “It’s an honor to have so many stars from the worlds of business, media, entertainment, and sports helping us carry forward Robert Kennedy’s dream of a more just and peaceful world.”
In an unprecedented donation, Apple CEO Tim Cook is offering the opportunity for a winning bidder and guest to join him for coffee at the Apple Headquarters in Cupertino, CA. The experience, valued at $50,000, marks the first time one-on-one access to Cook has been offered on the auction block.
Other coveted auction experiences include a set visit to Michael Bay's new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film starring Megan Fox, the chance to meet Broncos Quarterback Peyton Manning at training camp and toss the football with him, and lunch with Oscar winner Robin Williams.
Additional auction highlights include:
• Have lunch with Francis Ford Coppola and his winemaker at Inglenook Winery in Napa
• Meet Robert DeNiro at the Tribeca Film Festival with all access festival passes for 4 people
• Enjoy a special tour of Jay Leno's car collection and meet him backstage at The Tonight Show
• Tour the SpaceX Center in Los Angeles and meet Elon Musk
• Get your big break with a speaking role in a scene with Chris Hemsworth in the next Michael Mann film
• Meet Alec Baldwin backstage at Orphans on Broadway
• Whip up a delicious meal with a private cooking lesson for two with Paula Deen at her home in Savannah, GA
• Meet Ryan Seacrest with 2 tickets to a taping of American Idol
• Meet John Mayer backstage at an upcoming concert, plus snap photos with the star
• Meet Alex Trebek at a taping of Jeopardy!
• Score 4 VIP tickets to the World Series, plus meet Joe Torre or Tony LaRussa
• VIP Tickets to see The Rolling Stones live in Boston in June 2013
• Meet Carrie Underwood backstage with VIP tickets to an upcoming concert
• Meet Michael Strahan at a taping of LIVE with Kelly and Michael in NYC
• Break a sweat with Jillian Michaels during a one hour work out and fitness evaluation/plan
• Be William Shatner's guest at the 2014 Hollywood Charity Horse Show and sit with William at the Gala dinner
• Meet America’s favorite anchor behind the scenes at Nightly News with Brian Williams
• Spend six weeks as a United Nations intern with Bruce Knotts and the UN Committee on Human Rights
Plus experiences with Anderson Cooper, Tom Watson, Taylor Swift, David Letterman, Meredith Vieira, Quincy Jones, Roberto Cavalli, General Wesley Clark, Piers Morgan, Ann Curry, David Axelrod, Alison Sweeney, David Gregory, Dan Rather, Craig T. Nelson, Nora Roberts, Train, RuPaul, Babyface, Kid Rock, Marcia Debonis, Mike Dee, Ferragamo, Keith Urban, Mike Krzyzewski, Regis Philbin, Mark Knopfler, Sting, Harry Benson, Craig Leipold, Tim McGraw, Ellen Lewis, The Lumineers, Kevin Hart and many more.
To date, the RFK Center’s annual auctions at Charitybuzz have raised more than $3.5 million for the Center’s human rights work.
“Charitybuzz is proud to mark its sixth year working hand-in-hand with the Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice and Human Rights. The talent and influence in this year’s auction exemplifies the profound impact of the organization’s work and its unmatched ability to accomplish incredible feats in the human rights space,” said Coppy Holzman, CEO and Founder of Charitybuzz. “We hope fans and philanthropists around the globe will bid on these incredible experiences to make difference.”