CharityBuzz has announced their top 25 celebrity charity auctions from 2013.
From a speaking role in American Hustle to a SpaceX tour with Elon Musk, Charitybuzz just closed another incredible year helping our community do good and live well.
In 2013, Charitybuzz.com auctioned close to 12,000 packages and hit a milestone of $100 million raised for its nonprofit partners. The site saw hundreds of celebs from Reese Witherspoon to One Direction hit the online auction block, but the year’s real superstars were tech and business icons, claiming almost half of the top spots on the list. Apple CEO Tim Cook brought in the highest bid of the year at $610,000, tying a Lamborghini Aventador Roadster also auctioned in 2013.
The full list is as follows:
1. Have coffee with Apple CEO Tim Cook at Apple’s headquarters to benefit The RFK Center for Justice and Human Rights. Final bid: $610,000
3. Score a private tennis lesson with Rafael Nadal to benefit The Rafa Nadal Foundation. Final bid: $150,000
6. Enjoy a power lunch with Yahoo! CEO Marissa Mayer at Yahoo!’s headquarters to benefit Aspire East Palo Alto Charter School. Final bid: $91,000
7. Sit one-on-one with Harvey Weinstein at a private meeting plus attend The Weinstein Company’s Oscars and Golden Globes Parties to benefit The Rose Home. Final bid: $85,000
11. Take home a Limited Edition LeBron James Audemars Piguet watch, plus enjoy dinner with LeBron’s manager Maverick Carter and VIP Heat tickets to benefit The LeBron James Foundation. Final bid: $63,000
12. Score two tickets to the star-studded 2014 Vanity Fair Oscar Afterparty to benefit The Windward School. Find bid: $57,000
14. Tour the SpaceX Center in Los Angeles and have lunch with CEO and Chief Designer Elon Musk to benefit Children's Hospital Los Angeles. Final bid: $50,000
15. Enjoy a walk-on role in the upcoming Superman/Batman film starring Ben Affleck and Amy Adams to benefit the Dominic M. Aguilar Special Needs Trust. Final bid: $45,000
19. Enjoy a round of golf with Mayor Michael Bloomberg to benefit The Humane Society of the United States. Final bid: $36,000
22. Pitch your business idea to Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban to benefit WWE Superstars for Sandy Relief. Final bid: $33,125
23. Spend a day with the founder and executive chairman of GoDaddy Bob Parsons to benefit The GO Campaign. Final bid: $32,500
Honorable mentions go to Peyton Manning, Beyonce, Steven Tyler, Sergio Ramos, Tony Hsieh, J.J. Abrams, Lori Greiner, Paul Haggis, Mariano Rivera and Daymond John who each had a single auction experience at Charitybuzz raise more than $20,000 for charity in 2013. Luxury automobiles, yachts, travel, fine art and VIP event access also brought in some of the site’s highest price tags, in addition to the celebrity experiences listed above.