Artists for Peace and Justice – the Haitian earthquake charity supported by a host of stars – has partnered with popular online auction site charitybuzz.com for a special celebrity awards-themed auction that launched on February 24.
The auction will feature exclusive one-of-a kind items donated by internationally known artists. One hundred percent of the funds raised will be directed to the initiatives of APJ, a charitable organization founded by award winning writer/director Paul Haggis and friends that is committed to improving the lives of children in the impoverished and devastated nation of Haiti. APJ’s immediate goal is to build schools to serve the poorest areas of Haiti, providing an education, hot meals, clean drinking water and regular medical treatments to the children living in the slums.
The list of items going under the hammer includes:
- Red-carpet gowns worn by Meryl Streep (gown by Chris March), Olivia Wilde (gown by Gucci), Amy Poehler (gown by Jay Godfrey), Kristen Bell (gown by Jasmine Di Milo), Jenna Fischer (gown by Halston) and Sarah Hyland (gown by BCBG MAXAZRIA, after-party dress by BCBGeneration) at the 2010 Golden Globes
- Tuxedos worn by Gerard Butler (tux by Dolce & Gabbana) and Josh Brolin (tux by Dolce & Gabbana) at the 2010 Golden Globes
- Gibson Guitar from the Grammy Awards signed backstage by Beyoncé Knowles, Jay-Z, Lady Gaga, Pink, Black Eyed Peas, Kings of Leon, Alice Cooper, John Legend, Green Day and many more
- 2 tickets to the Hollywood Domino Pre-Oscar Gala in Beverly Hills on March 4th
- One-of-a-kind Haiti print signed by numerous celebrities including Robert De Niro, Nicole Kidman, Charlize Theron, Penelope Cruz, Gerard Butler, Demi Moore, Pierce Brosnan, Macy Gray, Daniel Craig, AnnaLynne McCord, Moby, Jimmy Jean-Louis, Jackson Browne, Joel Madden, Benji Madden, Ludacris and many more.
The auction runs until March 17, and can be accessed here.