LookToTheStars.org is proud to bring you a round up of CharityBuzz.com’s top celebrity charity auctions from 2012.
In 2012, Charitybuzz.com auctioned more than 9,500 packages to raise more than $25 million for nonprofits. From their recent auction for Hurricane Sandy Relief in conjunction with the 12-12-12 Concert to a Jeremy Lin bidding frenzy at the height of Lin-sanity, Charitybuzz expanded its reach and impact in 2012 by harnessing the best of pop culture for social good. The site saw hundreds of celebs from Ryan Lochte to Lady Gaga hit the auction block, but Bono claimed the number one spot with a $212,000 final bid on the chance to meet him backstage at a U2 Concert to benefit Haiti relief.
TOP 25 CHARITYBUZZ CELEBRITY AUCTIONS OF 2012
1. Meet Bono backstage after you watch a U2 show from VIP seats and score his legendary Irish Falcon Gretsch Guitar, signed and personalized to benefit J/P Haitian Relief Organization, Happy Hearts Fund and Artists for Peace and Justice. Final bid: $212,000
2. Have lunch with Mayor Michael Bloomberg in New York City to benefit The Humane Society. Final bid: $185,000
3. A Fender Bass Guitar signed by Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen, Roger Daltrey, Billy Joel, Dave Grohl, Eric Clapton, Jon Bon Jovi, Michael Stipe, Chris Martin and more backstage at the 12-12-12 Concert to benefit the Robin Hood Fund for Sandy Relief. Final bid: $135,000
4. A private tennis lesson with French Open Champion Rafael Nadal to benefit the Rafael Nadal Foundation. Final bid: $100,000
5. A Gibson Les Paul Guitar signed by Dave Grohl, Billy Joel, Paul McCartney, Michael Stipe, Roger Daltrey, Eric Clapton, Bruce Springsteen, Jon Bon Jovi and more backstage at the 12-12-12 Concert to benefit the Robin Hood Fund for Sandy Relief. Final bid: $90,000
6. Join Barbra Streisand as her personal guest as she performs at her Malibu compound with hosts Bill Clinton, Josh Groban, David Foster and others to benefit The Women’s Heart Center at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. Final bid: $80,000
11. Learn from the best with a one-on-one meeting with Hollywood hit-maker Harvey Weinstein in NYC or LA to benefit The Rose Home. Final bid: $50,000
15. Lunch for two with entrepreneur Mark Cuban in Los Angeles or Dallas to benefit Autism Speaks. Final bid: $38,500
16. Meet superstar Jon Bon Jovi backstage at the Kings of Suburbia Benefit Concert to benefit Hamilton College. Final bid: $37,500
18. Enjoy a one-hour power meeting with music, fashion and entertainment mogul Sean "Diddy" Combs in NYC or LA to benefit the Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship. Final bid: $31,000
21. Meet Celine Dion with two VIP tickets to see her perform at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas plus two nights in a luxury suite to benefit the American Red Cross. Final bid: $30,000
22. Sit ringside with Mike Tyson at the Pacquiao vs. Marquez fight in Las Vegas to benefit Mike Tyson Cares. Final bid: $28,500
23. Attend a New York Fashion Week show with Anna Wintour, tour the Vogue offices and more to benefit CFDA/Vogue’s Fashion for Sandy Relief. Final bid: $28,500
24. Dine with Alex Rodriguez and nine of your friends at NYY Steak after watching the Yankees vs. Orioles from a luxury suite to benefit the Taylor Hooton Foundation. Final bid: $26,000
Honorable mentions go to Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, One Direction, Paul Simon, Bruce Springsteen, Donald Trump, Richard Branson, Muhammad Ali, Mario Batali, Gwyneth Paltrow and Stefan Lessard, who each had a single auction experience at Charitybuzz raise more than $20,000 for charity in 2012.